Friday, August 13, 2010

Music Taste Based Artists?

NOTE: I wrote this a while ago but never published it. So when I say :a few days ago" it's more like, a few weeks ago. So just keep that in mind. ^.^


Okay so....the other day....I had NO idea who Adam lambert was. Well, that's a lie....


A few days ago all I knew was:

1.I heard his name somewhere

2.I believe he is a singer or something along those lines

3.I THINK he might of won american idol (which I stopped watching for a few reasons, like, no more paula, and how whatshername((kathrine?) mcphee lost to taylor hicks or whatever that guys name was)
4.He wears eyeliner.


So why the heck am I writing about him? Cause I recently (today) listened to some of his songs and I'm in love. Not to mention like all the girlies say, he is so hot. Never hurts to look good. (Not true, not true)
So, your prolly wondering how I got into Adam Lambert, if not, to bad, I'm gonna tell you anyway.
I was listening to older unreleased Lady Gaga songs (I am a proud little monster), and there was this one called "Fever"...and I noticed in the comments something about Adam lambert also singing this song and other comments saying something about how Lady Gaga gave the song to Adam ect...ect..ect..
So I thought why not look it up and listen to Adam Lambert's version of the song. I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT!
So, naturally, I wanted to listen to other Adam Lambert songs. Next I heard "Strut", then "Whataya want form me" then "For your entertainment"

When I find a new song or artist/band I like, I just listen to them all day long. And I have been. (mabye t.m.i.)I think Adam Lambert is one attractive talented person.






But here is the thing.
He's gay.
Not "omg that dude is so gay" gay, but "the dude likes guys" gay.




And a bunch of fuddy butts have a problem with his sexuality and hate him because of it.
What the hell? Seriously, why do so many people need a slap across the face? I mean, even with more tolerance in the world now then before, we still got die hard haters! (over dramatic, I know)
BUT...




This brings me to the point of this post, so many people base thier taste in music on the artists. It is one thing to not like a song, perhaps because you don't like the way someone sings it or the type of music it is. But it is another thing when you hate someone's music based on the person themself. For example, I don't like the way Ke$ha acts like she is drunk. But I do like her music, and I admire her a bit for just being herself and strutting what she has. I also love her redneck dumpster diving chic style. (Lol...she said that in an interview)



I NEVER EVER EVEEEEER decide not to like a song based on who made it.

For some reason, I'm not a big fan of Christina Agularia. (prolly spelled wrong)

With that said I love "Fighter", "Candyman", "Not myself tonight" and a few more songs by her. So my question is why do people think it is right to just hate music because of who made it?


Have a thought? Opinion? Something you wanna share? Don't like somthing because of who made it/sang it/did it? (Lol that sounds soooo wrong)
Leave a comment! :D
-Wolfie

No comments: